Formfill Color Matched Caulk is specifically developed as a sealant for gaps in and around countertops, fixtures, case goods, and flooring. Prepare your surface before using product. Be sure both surfaces are clean and dry, free from grease, dust or oil residue.
Fill out form below and representative will contact you soon
How to Apply:
• Knead the tube before use.
• Ensure both surfaces are clean and dry, and free from dust, oil or grease residue.
• Apply a thick continuous bead to the joint to be sealed.
• Press the caulk firmly down between the town inside surfaces of the joint, this will ensure a good contact bond to support the joint.
• A thin film of caulk over the joint is not recommended as it will lead to cracking.
• Remove excess with a damp sponge.
• Final tolling off using a damp sponge or wet finger
• Recommended application of the caulk is at room temperature.
• Not recommended for use under 50°F.
• Recommended final tooling off, use a wet finger with a mixture of detergent and water, (detergent acts as a lubricant), and leaves a smoother finish.
• Clean off overfill around the sealed area with a damp sponge.
• In some cases it is also recommended to leave the final tooling off for approximately 20 minutes (depending on room temperature), the caulk surface will be dryer and more susceptible to a good tooling finish.
• The caulk will skin over in approximately 30 minutes at room temperature.
• Cure through time approximately 48 to 72 hours at room temperature.
• Maximum strength in approximately 5 days.
• The caulk color will first appear lighter and will dry darker.
• If shrinkage occurs after 1 to 2 hours reapply a light application.
• Leave for 20 to 30 minutes and tool off.
• Countertops installation and backsplashes
• Filling gaps around the bathroom vanity tops, kitchens components and cabinets
• Interior fit outs.
• Surface hardness
• Water resistant
• Mildew resistant
• Water clean up
• No solvents
• 5/32” Bead – 26 lineal feet
• 5/16” Bead – 19 lineal feet
• 12% ± of gap width.
Gap Or Joint Filling
• Recommended caulk depth inside the gap or joint is to be deeper than the width of the joint or gap to prevent joint opening or cracking. This will ensure a good bonding base to support the surface finish.
Conditions To Be Aware Of
• Extreme temperature changes can cause expansion and contraction of building materials, i.e. backsplashes and countertop movement.
• It is important that the components do not move after the caulk is applied and during the curing process. This will cause cracking.
• It is important to follow the gap joint filing instructions to avoid joint re-opening or cracking.
• Do not use in continuous wet areas.
• Water residue laying on the caulk surface may appear to lighten the color.
• However, this will disappear as the water evaporates, the caulk color will return to normal.
• Chemical Group
• Adhesive Acrylic, Latex emulsion
• Tensile Strength
• 720-psi after 7 days cure
• Water Permeability
• 48 hour